Currently an exciting Master's thesis opportunity in the field of Cognitive Systems and Robotics is advertised at Airbus. Interested parties can find all information here: https://ag.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Airbus/job/Hamburg---Finkenwerder/Master-Thesis-in--Cognitive-modeling-for-robotics-in-manufacturing-_JR10065398 
In addition, new positions at our chair are available for a student
assistant as well as a research assistant are now available. If
interested, please take note of the following links:
Student assistant, deadline 1.12.2021 (10h/week) 
Research assistant, deadline 17.12.2021 (40h/week) 
Nele Russwinkel  was invited by the University of Oldenburg, study programme "Applied Neurocognitive Psychology", to give a lecture on "Anticipation of cognitive states for human machine interaction" on January 28, 2021.
Nele Russwinkel  was invited by the DFKI Kaiserslautern to give a lecture on "Context sensitive anticipation of the cognitive state in human machine interactions" on May 18, 2021.
Nele Russwinkel  was invited by the University of Oldenburg to give a lecture on "Dynamic cognitive systems approaches for cooperative human-technology interaction" on December 13, 2019.
Nele Russwinkel  was invited by the University of Paderborn to give a lecture on "Cognitive Systems for Cooperative Human-Technology Interaction" on November 27, 2019.
Guest Lectures at the department
Prof. Dr. Dieter Wallach in the colloquium
With an engaging lecture on the 15th of January 2020 Prof. Dr. Dieter Wallach gave an insight into the application-oriented use of cognitive modeling.
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Philipp Beckerle in the colloquium
During an interesting talk on Human Robot Interaction Prof. Dr.-Ing. Philipp Beckerle presented his work on the 18th of December 2019 in the KKE Colloquium.
Nele Russwinkel  and Kai Preuss  held their virtual talk Workload-over-time modeling in a cognitive architecture on July 29th, 2020 during the workshop "Mental Effort: One Construct, Many Faces?" as part of CogSci 2020 (Workshop website  | Recorded talk ).
On July 25th, 2020, Nele Russwinkel  gave a presentation entitled Anticipating the Individual User at the 27th annual ACT-R Workshop at the International Conference on Cognitive Modeling.
Nele Russwinkel  was at the IHSI 2020 in Modena (3rd International Conference on Intelligent Human Systems Integration: Integrating People and Intelligent Systems) from 19th to 21st February 2020 with two contributions:
- Category Learning as a Use Case for Anticipating Individual Human Decision Making by Intelligent Systems. (Marcel Lommerzheim, Sabine Prezenski, Nele Russwinkel, André Brechmann)
- Towards Cognitive Assistance and Teaming in Aviation by Inferring Pilot's Mental State. (Nele Russwinkel, Christoph Vernaleken, Oliver Klaproth)
From July 19th to 22nd, Nele Russwinkel , Oliver Klaproth , Kai Preuss , Marlene Scharfe  and Sebastian Wiese  visited the ICCM 2019  in Montreal, Canada. Afterwards Nele Russwinkel , Kai Preuss  and Marlene Scharfe  took part in the CogSci 2019 , also in Montreal.
Kai Preuss  takes part in the Cognitive Modeling Spring School  on 8.-12. April 2019 in Groningen.
From 28th to 29th March 2019 Nele Russwinkel is invited to the Ladenburger Diskurs of the Daimler und Benz Stiftung on the topic of Human-Robot-Collaboration (Mensch-Roboter-Kollaboration, MRK) with a talk titled Antizipierende, interaktiv Lernende autonome Agenten (Anticipating, Interactively Learning Autonomous Agents)
On 24th March 2019 Nele Russwinkel  is invited to the Dagstuhl Seminar 19132: Users and automated driving systems: How will we interact with tomorrow's vehicles?
On 30th January 2019 Nele Russwinkel  is invited to a talk at the "Gießener Abendgespräche Kognition und Gehirn" at University of Giessen.
From 21th - 23th November 2018, Alexander Lotz , Marlene Scharfe, Alexandra Weidemann  und Nele Russwinkel  were at the 2nd Winter School - Human Factors Aspects of Cooperative Systems Design, HUFACO 2018 with their contribution "Anticipating the user for cooperative assistance systems". Part of the project Neuroadaptive Cognitive Modeling  (Kroll, L. R., Klaproth, O., Vernaleken, V., Wetzel, I., Gaertner J., Russwinkel, N., & Zander T.O. (2018). Towards a Neuroadaptive Cockpit: First Results. 3rd International Mobile Brain/Body Imaging Conference. Berlin Germany.).
Interview  by Sabine  for the ZEWK Praxis Blog (german) about the E-Learning Course Human Factors Engineering, November 2018.
On October 12th 2018 Martin Krabbe  and Kenneth zur Kammer  held a workshop at the Human Factors Summer School at TU Berlin and presented the AVALANCHE  project.
9th Oktober 2018 Sabine Prezenski  gives a talk at the ISSW 2018 in Innsbruck, Austria.
"Designing a wearable persuasive avalanche warning system" by Sabine Prezenski, Nele Rußwinkel and Khin Than Win
18th September 2018 Sabine Prezenski  gives a talk at the Birthday Symposium of Dietrich Dörner "Complex Problem Solving" at the DGPS in Frankfurt.
On September 3rd 2018 Nele Russwinkel  presents the topic "Deciphering Dynamic Decision Making Using Cognitive Modeling Including Subjective Assessment" ;Ziying Zhang, Nele Rußwinkel & Sabine Prezenski, at the KogWis in Darmstadt.
24th August 2018 Sabine Prezenski  gives a talk to present the joint work of Ziying Zhang and Nele Russwinkel at the HLAI/BICA 2018 in Praque.
"Modeling Individual Strategies in Dynamic Decision-making with ACT-R: A Task Toward Decision-making Assistance in HCI" by Ziying Zhang, Nele Russwinkel and Sabine Prezenski
21st-24th July 2018 we present our current work at the International Conference on Cognitive Modeling (ICCM 2018)  in Madison, United States:
- ACT-Droid Meets ACT-Touch:
Modelling Differences in Swiping Behavior with Real Apps
von Nele Russwinkel , Sabine Prezenski , Lisa-Madeleine Dörr  and Frank Tamborello
- Comparing Models of Visual Search in
Heterogeneous Search Fields
von Stefan Lindner , Lennart Arlt  and Nele Russwinkel 
5th July 2018 Nele Russwinkel  is invited to give talk on "Kognitive Modellierung für mehr Verständnis zwischen Mensch und Technik" in the context of the Kognitionswissenschaftliches Kolloquiums at the University Tübingen.
27th April 2018 Nele Russwinkel  gave a keynote "Verständliche Mensch-Technik-Interaktion" at the Abschlussveranstaltung der Fördermaßnahme „Adaptive, lernende Systeme“ des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung (Referat 524, Mensch-Technik-Interaktion; Demografischer Wandel).
11th January 2018 Nele Russwinkel  gave a talk on "Towards Cognition Centered Design" at the Colloquium Cognitive Systems  at the University Ulm, Germany.
8th November 2017 Sabine Prezenski  gave a talk at the Centre for Persuasive Technology and Society Workshop  at the University of Wollongong, Australia.
22nd-25th July 2017 presented Nele Russwinkel , Sabine Prezenski , Stefan Lindner  and Oliver Klaproth  their current work at the International Conference on Cognitive Modeling (ICCM 2017)  in Warwick, England:
- Implementing Mental Model Updating in ACT-R 
- Modeling of Visual Search and Influence of Item Similarity 
- Conceptual Approach to Model the Effects of Feedback on Mental Model Activation 
We will present our work at VISIGRAPP/HUCAPP 2017 in Porto. On February the 27th Sabine Prezenski  will give a talk about "Predictive Cognitive Modelling of Applications". This is a joint project of Sabine, Dominik and Nele.
9th February 2017 at 6 pm we are participating in
the Hybrid Talks . Nele Russwinkel  will present: "How
our Actions Influence the Perception of Time; Predictions about the
Perception of Time when Using Technological Devices". An audio
record of the presentation (in German) is available here .
Location: Hybrid Lab, TU Berlin, Villa Bell, Marchstraße 8, 10587 Berlin
The call for the ICCM 2017  in Warwick, UK is online!
If you're looking for a current Master Thesis , we offer a large variety!
Talks and Private Contributions of the Last Years
In 2016 we present our research on various occations:
- 16th September 2016 Nele Russwinkel  gives a lecture on "Human Computer Interaktion" at the Science Notes  dealing with "Der erweiterte Mensch" at Astra Berlin.
- 7th-10th August 2016 Nele Russwinkel  and Sabine Prezenski  will participate at the ACT-R Post-Graduate Summer School in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Nele Russwinkel  will give a talk on Spatial Module and Mental Rotation.
- 3rd-6th August 2016 Nele Russwinkel , Sabine Prezenski  and Stefan Lindner  will present their latest work at the International Conference on Cognitive Modeling (ICCM)  in University Park, Pennsylvania.
- 15th April 2016 Prof. Nele Rußwinkel  is invited to the 2nd Workshop Mensch Maschine Interaktion in der Chirurgie, at the Leibniz Universität, Hannover.
- 14th-16th March 2016 Nele Rußwinkel  is invited as a Keynote for the 5th Workshop Kognitive Systeme: Mensch, Teams, Systeme und Automaten - Verstehen, Beschreiben und Gestalten kognitiver technischer Systeme at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Furthermore, Alexander Lotz  will present current research by the topic Role of Familiarity in Spatial Competence.
In 2015 we present our research on various occations:
- From 7th-9th October 2015 we are introducing our division at the 11th Berliner Werkstatt Mensch-Machine-Systeme (BWMMS ), Berlin, Germany. Our division takes part in the organization of the BWMMS .
- In April 2015 our division took part in the ICCM in Groningen.
- At January 29th, 2015 Nele Rußwinkel  introduces our chair within the colloquium of the study course "Kognitionswissenschaft"  at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg . Besides of broaching the issue of researching within applied human-machine contexts, she will deliver insight into some of our current research projects.